Take care of your glasses
Our guide to help you keep your frames as good as new for years to come.
How to clean your frames
Your glasses go through a lot, it’s only natural that some dirt and dust build up on your lenses. But don’t worry, there are ways to help.
To keep your glasses in top condition, you should clean them regularly. Here’s how to do it:
- Run them under lukewarm water (be careful not to use very hot water, as the lenses could develop cracks or cloudiness when exposed to high heat).
- With a drop of dish soap on your fingertips, gently rub both sides of the lenses and nose pads.
- Rinse, then dry with a soft cloth.
Ta-da! Your glasses will shine again, and so will you.
For light stains, a few swipes of your Mamy lens cloth should do the trick. But make sure you wash this one in soapy water too, from time to time. A dirty cloth makes dirty lenses.
Your glasses need adjustment?
You can fix most fitting problems by yourself, at home!
If your glasses are crooked, too tight or too loose on the temples, here is the trick:
- For metal frames, you can simply apply a gentle pressure on the arms to make your glasses aligned again, or adjust their fit.
- For acetate frames, you’ll need to heat the frames to make them more malleable. You can either run them under warm water (not hot water, remember) or use a hair dryer. You can then apply a gentle pressure on the arms to make the necessary adjustments.
If you’re afraid you might damage your frames, please contact us for further assistance!
You can also head to your closest optical shop and ask for help. Most opticians will be happy to adjust your glasses for free, while others might ask for a small fee.